“When you have a small community, each person in that community plays a very major role in making that community great. And without this person maybe this wouldn’t have happened. Or this person got inspired from this person. And it just becomes a chain effect where each person is really what is making the city great. And we need to spotlight those people and give them a chance to tell their story.”
-Chris Holifield from I Am Salt Lake
Listen to episode 9 for insights and advice for local podcasters:
- How Chris Holifield’s background influences his local podcast
- Podcasting as a passion
- Podcaster origin story and the Instagram connection
- Plans for the future of I Am Salt Lake
- How listener engagement has grown
- How he uses Facebook
- Sponsors for local podcasts
- The difference between sponsorship by local businesses and featuring local businesses on your local podcast
- Chris Holifield loves interviews. Find out why and how he approaches conversations on his podcast.
- How the podcast has changed with the addition of a co-host (Krissie Shelley)
- His target audience
- Taking his podcast live—on stage!
- His approach to editing his podcast
- His recording setup
- What does Chris like most about podcasting?
- What does he like least?
- What does he want to get better at?
- The biggest thing Chris Holifield has learned that other local podcasters should seriously consider
Links to local podcasting resources
I Am Salt Lake, the podcast hosted by Chris Holifield and Krissie Shelley
Support for Podcast Local comes from the Satchel Podcast Player for Android and iPhone. Satchel makes it easy to discover podcasts produced in your hometown. Learn more at SatchelPlayer.com.
Podcast Local from OnTheGo.FM: Tell the stories of your community
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below